Portal Architect (Bangalore, India)
We are looking for a Portal Architect, who has very deep experience in design and hands on development of applications using Java, Spring and Hibernate frameworks, and related technologies. Knowledge of and exposure to Web UI design and development, Android and iOS mobile technologies would be a big plus. As a key member, the Architect will have a huge impact on the apps nuVizz develops, by building new features and functionality, improving user experience and performance.
Role / Responsibility
- Conceptualize, design, build and test complex portal / mobile applications
- Gather functional requirements around existing and new product features / solutions and problem spaces, participate in functional design, and translate these requirements and design into elegant technical architecture and solution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Ensure acceptable application security and performance
- Develop technical understanding of nuVizz iOS and Android mobile apps architecture and guide
the future plans
- Understand current standards, establish new ones as necessary, and ensure compliance to
technical standards for development across the portal and mobile apps
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- Review and provide inputs to the team members performing critical R&D to implement
specialized technical components
- Excellent Mentoring skills. Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Take responsibility for Scaling, Performance & Quality for the technical team – Participate and establish technical training processes / internal or external certifications etc to enhance technical skills of the R&D team members
- Display positive attitude in the face of aggressive timelines and having sense of pride in meeting
delivery timelines with utmost quality
Technical Skills – Architecture
- 12+ years of overall experience. (With at least 5 years as Architect)
- Candidate with prior experience of working in similar Product Development companies would be preferred
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with an ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through necessary refactoring exercises & improve coding standards across large code bases.
- Good knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures, SOA Architecture. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Must be comfortable working in dynamically changing environments where boundaries aren’t clearly defined and lightening quick adoption is the norm
- Technical Breadth Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces around JEE and related frameworks / technologies
- Passion for continuous learning and adapting to new technologies
- Must be a self-motivated go-getter and be able to take up initiatives
- Working knowledge of SVN (Apache Subversion)
Specific Technical Skills – Java
- Strong foundational knowledge of Core Java and JEE
- Frameworks: Strong knowledge of Spring MVC and Sprint Security, Java SDLK along with Hibernate, JMS
- Excellent hands on experience and knowledge of SQL.
- Strong experience in Web services (SOAP and RESTFUL).
- Should have expertise in Design Patterns, Transactions, Multi-threading concepts
- Experience in developing in Linux Platform.
- Experience using Maven.
- Strong Knowledge of data structures
Experience with an edge:
- Experience in Supply Chain industry
- Experience with a start-up is preferred
- Working knowledge of Tomcat server, Jboss and OAuth
- Exposure to Spring Integration batch knowledge, OAuth2 authentication
- Good knowledge of using API’s for Maps, Location services and other third party API’s.
- Programming Language: Java , J2EE, Component C (for iOS), Android
- Framework: Spring MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate
- Database: SQL.
- Operating System: Linux.
- Configuration Management: SVN. Tools & Utilities: STS
- Web/Application Server: Jboss.
Work Location: Bangalore
Note: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply